With hundreds of shapes, styles and finishes, today’s kitchen hardware provides perfect accents to the latest cabinet trends. Drawer pulls and cabinet knobs may or not enhance an installation’s function but they represent style, enhancing the décor of your Waukesha WI area home. The most popular cabinet trends include kitchen hardware to provide both form and function. Interior designers specializing in kitchen makeovers have three priorities:
- Coordination – with the trend to open-concept rooms blending kitchen work space with daily living space designer expect cabinet hardware to mesh with the overall look and style of the larger space. Drawer pulls and knobs become designer accents.
- Versatility – the look and feel of each piece of hardware reflects the designer’s intent and the homeowner’s personal taste. Size, shape and finish mess with the cook’s demands and the designer’s vision.
- Function – never an afterthought, the way knobs and drawer pulls work is of primary importance. After all, the kitchen is a workspace.
Most Popular Kitchen Hardware – Whatever You Like
Naming the most popular kitchen hardware is a waste of time. There are too many choices and too many personal opinions. The best answer is simply: “Whatever you like, whatever fits your style and whatever works is the best for you.” As homeowners and designers ask for more shapes, finishes and materials the manufacturers keep pace. As manufacturers introduce new ideas and concepts, homeowners embrace them with gusto. Industry experts report that the influence of social media is evident as consumers view endless examples of kitchen hardware from American country influence to European contemporary creations. Options can be categorized in general terms:
- Modern Styling – one of the hottest remodeling trends is modernizing an aged kitchen. Modern hardware includes sleek, straight handles and a return to stainless steel and chrome finishes. Cabinet trends lean toward basic, conservative looks with hardware to accent finishes and stand out.
- Traditional Kitchens – a traditional influence includes smaller handles and knobs and darker finishes. Hardware accents are selected for function rather than decorating appeal.
- Vintage Hardware – a look back into time for round knobs with brass or white ceramic finish. Wooden cabinetry is a rule so hardware stands out. The extremely popular country kitchen theme is an example of a vintage look.
- Rustic Look – for those longing for the cabin there’s the use of pewter or cast iron drawer pulls and round, rugged knobs. Also popular accents for the farmhouse look.
- Personal Statement – unique kitchen hardware allows the owner to make a person statement beyond the trending design concepts. Unique shapes, sizes and patterns headline choices of cabinet highlights in this section. NOTE—While this may really make a personal statement for you and your family, it can cost you money when it comes time to sell your home. When that time comes, consider redoing the hardware with more conservative elements.
- Transitional – a neutral, timeless style using colors like beige and gray allow for an easier blend of kitchen to living space. Kitchen hardware choices that fit here include square knobs, stainless steel pulls and classic cupped cabinet pulls.
Multiple Choices Cater to Style
Letting your personal style shine begins with the finishes on cabinet hardware. Popular finishes include:
- Stainless Steel – a perennial favorite choice
- Satin Nickel –a close second in popularity to stainless steel
- Black – with light, colored (white or gray) cabinetry, black-finished metal is a popular choice for contrasting hardware
- Soft, Neutral Tones –highly polished finishes are giving way to matt finishes in nickel, brass, bronze, gold and stainless
- Non-metallic Options – white and gray are not just popular for cabinet doors and drawer – ceramic with detailed designs and old-fashioned glass-like accents
Kitchen designers include door and drawer as accents in overall plans. While modern designs trend toward softened and streamlined installations, there’s plenty of room for personality, including –
- Clean, soft, geometric lines
- More larger-size knobs and pulls – “a long pull can make cabinets appear taller and drawers look longer, making the whole room appear larger”
- Using cabinetry with built-in pull areas and no hardware
Among the hottest cabinet trends is painting cabinetry and adding a new look with dramatically different hardware. Traditional wood cabinets with round knobs readily accept the hot new colors – tones of gray and dynamic stainless steel, gold or black.
While the idea that everything must match no longer holds in every kitchen design, the goal is complementary colors and shapes that work together and a smooth blend of form with function.
Tap Into The latest Trends
Schoenwalder Plumbing professionals stay atop cabinet trends and cater to complete kitchen makeovers and remodels in Waukesha, Milwaukee and Lake Country including Hartland, Delafield, Pewaukee, Brookfield, Elm Grove, Oconomowoc, Dousman and New Berlin.
Call or email Schoenwalder Plumbing review the latest cabinet trends and incorporate the best kitchen hardware into your home in Waukesha WI and Lake Country.