Whether in a powder room or spa-like master bath one of the focal points is always the bathroom sink. Choosing one to fit your bathroom remodel Waukesha WI home sets the tone for the entire room. In addition to style, the new sink must perform – it will be used and abused daily. Choices are abundant from classic undercounter models that free up countertop space to pedestals and above-the-counter basins.
Included in the process of renewing a bathroom is your choice of vanity to go with the stylish sink. Before choosing the “perfect sink,” consider the overall dimensions of the room, daily demand and available space. If the leak gets out of control in the night, contact 24 hour plumber.
Prepare Space For The ‘Right’ Bathroom Sink
Does the plan include a total makeover of the bathroom or just replacing the sink? If the room’s footprint remains the same making sure the vanity to hold the sink fits is critical. If walls are moving and the floorplan changing, the vanity and counter designs will match the new footprint. Thus, there’s less concern with making a new installation fit. Hiring plumbing services is very important in this process, they will make sure that your plumbing is in great condition so you can get your new sink all set up.
Storage space is another vital consideration. How much do you need? Does the new vanity and sink combination provide enough deck space for daily toiletries? Do you need wall-mounted shelves? Will storage beneath the sink work best? The most popular trends in vanity design include:
- Open shelving rather than drawers or enclosed cabinets – especially in powder rooms and guest bathrooms.
- Vessel sinks – custom bowls and basins sitting on top of the vanity countertop.
- Undermount sinks – providing smooth countertop space.
- Floating vanities – modern styles that appear to come directly out of the wall.
- Console sink vanities – very stylish and ideal for power rooms and guest facilities. Available in many trendy designs from farmhouse to ornate.
Another design element that easily incorporates the new sink is your choice of color combinations. Colored fixtures are available to accent the extensive palette of colors for walls and accessories. Sink designs complement the overall décor. A colorful sink can be the center of attention or a simple accessories to the overall theme.
Choices – There Are Many Bathroom Sink Options
When you’re renovating a bathroom the list of sink options is a long one. What type of sink and fixtures do you want? Among the choices are:
- Traditional Pedestal – an excellent choice for powder rooms and guest baths where storage isn’t important. Available in traditional designs as well as sleek contemporary styles.
- Wall-mounted sinks – a fairly recent trend these basin-style sinks hang from the wall and whatever height you choose. Available in many decorative styles and materials. These unique choices require custom installation by a licensed professional.
- Undercounter options – these are clean, modern and distinctive while providing plenty of useable counter space. With no rim they are easy to keep clean.
- Above counter vessels – unique containers that sit like classic wash basins on top of the counter. They provide dramatic impact to even large master bathrooms. Ideal for powder rooms and guest baths where countertop space isn’t as important. Counters must be installed lower than standard to accommodate the extra height of the basin. Taller or wall-mounted faucets are also required for these popular choices.
- Drop-in sinks – also called self-rimming these standard sinks fit a variety of countertops. They are simple to install and ideal for high-traffic family bathrooms.
- Integral countertop sinks – these clean, streamlined designs combine counter and sink in one structure. One-piece, seamless creations they are easy to clean and sleek to look at.
- Custom creations – some bathroom designs call for thinking beyond the ordinary. One of the most popular choices for small bathrooms is a corner-mounted sink. These are available as wall mounts or pedestal installation. They offer a unique appearance while making maximum use of restricted space.
The Final Considerations
Once a sink style, color and size is chosen with a vanity design to go with it, there’s one more major decision to make: what type of faucet do you want? Of course, if you’re using a wall-mount or above the counter style sink you have to go with special installations. With more standard versions there are many shapes and finishes as well. Do you want ultra-modern, traditional, farmhouse or something unique? Some sinks, counters and vanities come with punch-out holes to accommodate many faucet sets. You can choose any sink you want, but it won´t matter what you pick if your plumbing isn´t working correctly, so if you need assistance then consider checking out these plumbing services.
To view the latest sinks, vanities and faucets for bathrooms of all sizes call, email or visit Schoenwalder Plumbing. Make a statement with a new bathroom sink in your Waukesha WI or Lake Country home.