You’ve researched your new bathroom remodel project.
You have talked to a number of potential bath remodel contractors. Each, from your perspective, can do the job.
There is even one remodeling contractor who has impressed you with his bath remodel knowledge and you feel you can trust him.
However, even with all of the parts aligning, you ask –
- Can the project be done cheaper?
- Am I paying more than I should?
A Normal Reaction Prior To A Remodel Project
It’s not uncommon for a homeowner to wonder if they can get good results for less cost. The challenge is that you are judging a process unfamiliar to you. Your experience with a bath remodel is infrequent at best or possibly non existent. The context you have for deciding on a remodeling contractor decision is not complete.
A bath remodel, and many home improvement projects for that matter, often fall into this group. When homeowners are reviewing various quotes, the issues reviewed below are part of every quote and impact your final decision. Considering the following items will help you get the best value for your bath remodel dollar in Waukesha WI.
Consider These Elements In Your Bathroom Remodel Quote
- Materials – materials used in every project can have various quality levels. Certain items can affect the cost of the final project. A special tile, or a unique cabinet, can cause a project price to escalate quickly. If the material in question is not visible, this may be an area where cost control steps can be used.
- Labor – HVAC, plumbing and electrical professionals are used in many remodeling and updating projects. Licensed and certified professionals help ensure equipment is correctly installed. Correct installation translates into longer life and safe operation. This is another area where lesser experienced or non-licensed/certified individuals, if used to save money, could open the door for problems in the future. (Ask yourself – would you rather have a carpenter with twenty years experience or two?)
Remodeling Contractor Intangibles In Waukesha
- Project Management – With many remodeling contractors, a sales person will sell the project, and then turn it over to a project manager. If your project manager is experienced, no breakdown in communication should occur. If there are multiple crews in play, there is even more chance breakdowns in communication. Hopefully, every person in the chain is experienced and skilful at what they do. The ideal scenario is to have the same individual presenting the quote actually managing the project. Nothing to be interpreted, nothing slips through the cracks.
- Pride – All company owners are proud of their businesses. If things work out as the business owner would like, employees will maintain a similar sense of pride. A privately owned and operated company can offer a crew that will deliver a consistently higher quality of service. Will companies with less experienced or a revolving door of employees work on your project? Lack of pride or experience can hurt the final outcome.
- Workers Compensation Insurance – We recommend choosing remodeling contractors with insurance to protect you against any injuries incurred on site. Uninsured workers are the homeowner’s responsibility. This includes doctor bills, rehabilitation, work time lost, etc. Think of it – if you have a helpful or handy friend or neighbor willing to help, keep in mind you are responsible for any injuries occurring in your home.
It is easy to be tempted to trim costs. However, with each cost you trim, there is usually a compromise. And, with each compromise, a homeowner is getting closer to decreasing the quality of their bathroom remodel project.
A Remodeling Plan For Waukesha
As you are planning your bathroom remodel, consider all of the things for which you rely on your remodeling contractor. Their guidance and management contribute a great deal to the ultimate satisfaction.
Schoenwalder Plumbing have bathroom remodeling idea checklists designed to help organize a bathroom remodel project. We have completed hundreds of remodeling projects and we want to put our experience to work for you. We can help your bathroom remodel meet your requirements in the present and future.
Schoenwalder Plumbing provides bathroom remodel services to Waukesha WI and Lake Country, including Hartland, Delafield, Pewaukee, Brookfield, Elm Grove, New Berlin, Oconomowoc and Dousman.
Please call us at (262) 542-7908 or email us and our professional team will help you plan and finish your bathroom remodel in Waukesha WI.