Bathroom design ideas are only useful before your bathroom remodel. Afterwards, they are little use.
The bathroom design ideas and questions in this article are designed to create a list of ‘what ifs” to help you consider as many possibilities before a bathroom remodel project starts.
At Schoenwalder Plumbing, we pride ourselves on delivering a bathroom remodel to our customers that meets, and if we plan well, exceeds their expectations.
Not only do we want to be sure new and upgraded amenities are included in your list of bathroom design ideas, we want to be sure all structural options are explored as well.
Bathroom Design Ideas and Questions
- What’s your main reason for changing your bathroom?
- Who will be using the bathroom? (right handers, left handers, tall, short, elderly or disabled)
- Are you planning any structural changes? (Adding to the house or expanding into an adjacent space)
- Is the bathroom on the first floor or second? (Is there access to plumbing below)
- Can doors and windows be relocated?
- What is the current rating of the electrical service?
- Does the bathroom meet Wisconsin code requirements?
- What type of heating system is there? Can heat registers be eliminated or moved?
- What is your home’s style – traditional, contemporary, country? What is your preferred style?
- Have you seen pictures of bathrooms you like?
- Do you like an open or compartmentalized floor plan?
- Are you planning new fixtures? What are the better fixtures to use?
- Is you water heater large enough to support your changes?
- What are the most efficient or green products?
- What are the most cost effective products or the “biggest bang for the buck”?
- What secondary activities would you like to include – dressing table, makeup area, desk, fireplace, entertainment center, laundry facilities?
- What color combinations do you like?
- Do you want paint or wallpaper?
- What cabinet material do you prefer?
- What counter top material do you prefer?
- What shower surround material do you prefer?
- What flooring material do you prefer?
- What are your storage requirements?
- Do you need better lighting?
- Do you want natural lighting?
- What accessories do you need? (towel bars, safety grab bars, decorative shelving, etc.)
- Is there a “WOW” effect you want as part of the design?
- What is your time framework for completion?
- Are visitors coming? (an event or holiday deadline)
- What budget do you have in mind?
- How will you find the right person to help your coordinate your project?
Using Bathroom Design Ideas To Create Your Dream Room
Schoenwalder Plumbing has a bathroom remodeling ideas checklists designed to help you organize your bath remodel project. Having dealt with many bathroom remodeling projects, we look forward to creating a list of bathroom design ideas with you. We can help your bath remodel fit your needs. As always, our goal is to deliver great value.
Schoenwalder Plumbing provides bath remodel services to Waukesha WI and Lake Country, including Hartland, Delafield, Pewaukee, Brookfield, Elm Grove, New Berlin, Oconomowoc and Dousman.
Please call us at (262) 542-7908 or email us and our professional team will help you with your bathroom remodeling project.by introducing a wide array of bathroom design ideas in Waukesha WI.